Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Why are we surrounded by crazy people?

Crazy.
Toys in the attic,
I am crazy.
Truly gone fishing.
They must have taken my marbles away.
Crazy.
Toys in the attic, he is crazy.

I'll just be brief here and explain none of the circumstances because thinking and worrying about it any further might put me over the edge too.

Corey and I and a couple of my friends and I have often discussed the fact that we are indeed surrounded by crazy people. It's like we have a big damn "kick me with the crazy" sign on our backs. Many (a majority) of the people we know and are even friends with are completely out of their minds and in a constant state of emotional train wreckage.

What the hell? How did this happen, and why is everybody suddenly afflicted with the mental illness du jour? I don't know about y'all, but I'm sick and tired of all the crazy. On a broader scale, I'm sick and tired of half the population claiming to be either "bi-polar" or "emotionally unstable." I totally understand that some folks are truly ill and in need of help, but most others are just being pussies.

Why the hell can't folks just learn how to get over themselves and deal with it?

By the way, new post on my Livejournal blog.

Here's The Trial scene in The Wall (from whence the above lyrics came). If the weird animation is going to offend you, don't watch it.

2 comments:

  1. Honey, you know as well as I do, everybody is effing crazy. We're just the most normal. It's one of the 7 signs of the Apocalypse and one of the signs of being admitted into the 9th circle of hell. People can't deal with shit anymore and they blame everybody and their mama. Oh, we'll discuss this Saturday :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know an awful lot of "kids" in their mid-twenties still living off their parents, driving fine cars and sheltering in style while they whine to the therapist about how mommy just doesn't understand me. What mommy needs to understand is Junior's need to get out there and taste a little failure.

    Or maybe it's pharmaceuticals in the drinking water; I can go either way.

    ReplyDelete

What would you most like to see on my new website for unpublished writers?